STAR OCEAN: THE LAST HOPE
Development studio tri-Ace Inc. delivers spectacular new visuals alongside exhilarating real-time battles with this highly anticipated prequel. STAR OCEAN: THE LAST HOPE is the first installment in the series in which players will be able to control their own spaceship, moving from planet to planet as they explore the vastness of space. This unique RPG experience also allows players to seamlessly switch between characters in-game and engage in team-oriented combat as they advance through the captivating storyline.
- The year is A.D. 2087. In the aftermath of World War III, Earth has been ravaged and the population decimated by a deteriorating environment. The countries that survived have joined together to form the Greater Unified Nations and turned their eyes skyward...to space.
Edge Maverick and his childhood friend Reimi Saionji are chosen as pioneer members of the Space Reconnaissance Force, which was created to seek out new worlds beyond the stars. Their ship, the Calnus, takes its place on the lunar launch pad along with four other starships of the first reconnaissance fleet. These ships — humanity's last hope — blast off one-by-one and sail into the awaiting wormhole that leads to the vast star ocean.
And so, Edge and his crew begin their voyage in search of a new haven for humanity...and a second chance.
- Combines sci-fi and fantasy elements, spanning multiple planets and the vastness of space itself to recount the origins of the STAR OCEAN universe
- Item creation and Private Actions, two hallmarks of the STAR OCEAN franchise, also make their return, allowing for players to enjoy upgraded versions of both systems
- Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise's dynamic real-time battle system, now featuring amazing graphics and visual effects only possible on Xbox 360
- Up to four characters can take part in battles simultaneously and party members can be switched mid-battle
- New Blindside battle system fuses evasion and offense, enabling players to confuse and ambush enemies by quickly moving out of their line of sight when targeted
- Freely pilot the Calnus spaceship for the first time in the series and journey to various planets of the STAR OCEAN universe
- Features breathtaking CG movies by Visual Works, the cutting-edge studio whose previous work includes cutscenes for the acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® series